Mouth melting cookies
Unsalted butter, softened-16 Tbsp (1/2 lb or 226 grams)
Powdered sugar-½ cup (62 grams)
Vanilla extract-1 tsp
All-purpose flour- 2 cups (250 grams)
Almond finely ground or almond flour-1 cup (100 grams)
Orange zest from 1 medium orange-½ Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400˚F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together ½ lb softened butter, ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer in a large mixing bowl.
- Put in 2 cups all-purpose flour, and then add ½ tsp salt and 1 cup almond meal, mixing to combine.
- Add ½ Tbsp orange zest and fold with a spatula until it is well incorporated. The dough should stick to the spatula but not to clean fingertips.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls (a cookie scoop makes this process easy, just scoop dough onto the baking sheet then roll into balls with your hands). Place cookies on baking sheet 1-inch apart. You should get 35-40 cookies. Bake at 400˚F for 11-13 minutes. Transfer to wire rack and cool 5 minutes.
- Take a bowl, fill in with 1 to 1½ cups powdered sugar and while cookies are warm roll them in powdered sugar then place on wire rack to cool completely before rolling them a second time in powdered sugar.