Meet cooked in beer
Stewing beef-1 kg (2.2 lb)
Salt, divided-3 tsp
Pepper, divided-3 tsp
Celery, diced-1 stalk
Dark beer-700 ml (3 cups)
Tomato puree-2 tbsp
Parsley, for garnish-1
- Take a large pot and heat half of the butter in it.
- Add the beef, little by little, browning all sides of the meat. Season with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Transfer the beef to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining butter in the same pan, then put in the onion, celery, and carrot. Cook until softened.
- Pour in the beer and add in the seared beef, tomato purée, bay leaves, juniper berries, and 2 tsps each of salt and pepper.
- Bring the stew to a boil, cover, and simmer for 2-4 hours, until the beef becomes tender and serve topped with parsley.
2 hour and 35 minutes