Ribs in wine
Short rib-4 lb
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Onion, chopped-1 ½ cups
Carrot, chopped-1 cup
Celery, chopped-1 cup
Red wine-2 cups
Garlic, chopped-2 tbsp
Fresh rosemary-2 sprigs
Tomato paste-2 tbsp
Beef broth-2 cups
28 oz tomato, 1 can
Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Salt and pepper the short ribs.
- Brown the short ribs in oil in a large pot. Remove and set aside.
- Add the chopped onions, carrots, and celery in the same pot.
- Pour in the red wine, cook until some of the alcohol has burned off.
- Put in the garlic, rosemary, tomato paste, beef broth, canned tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Add the browned short ribs, bring to a boil.
- Cover and lower heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 hours or until the meat is very tender.
- Remove the meat to a separate bowl, get rid of the bones, and pull apart the meat.
- Return to the pot. Give it a stir so all the meat is coated in the sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta and garnish with fresh parsley.
3 hours and 20 minutes