Cheesy mashed potato pancakes
Mashed potatoes-4 cups
Shredded mozzarella cheese-2 cups (8 oz)
Flour -¼ cup
Chives, chopped-2 to 3 Tbsp
Plain bread crumbs-½ cup
Light Olive oil
Sour cream- to serve
- How to Make Mashed Potatoes:
- Take a pot and add water. Add 1 Tbsp salt and peeled and quartered potatoes. Cook until easily pierced with a fork. Drain well and mash in 4 Tbsp butter then let cool in room temperature.
- How to Make Mashed Potato Pancakes:
- Mix 4 cups mashed potatoes, 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 egg, ¼ cup flour and 2 Tbsp chopped chives in a large bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the mixture together until well mixed.
- Put a heaping tablespoonful of potato mixture between your palms and form into a round patty. Dredge both sides of the pancake in bread crumbs and set on a cutting board. Repeat with remaining pancakes.
- Take a large non-stick pan, heat it over medium heat with enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Once oil is hot, add patties in a single layer and cook 3-4 minutes on both sides.