Self Rising Flour-2 cups
Baking Soda-1/2 tsp
Baking Powder-1-1/2 tsp
Granulated Sugar-3 Tbsp
Unsalted Butter-1/3 cup
Egg wash-one egg beaten with a little milk
Granulated Sugar- 1 Tbsp
For the Strawberries:
Diced Strawberries -Couple Cups
Granulated Sugar -2 Tbsp of
Lemon Juice -2 tsp of
For the Whipped Cream:
Heavy Cream-1 1/4 cups
Confectioners Sugar-2 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract- 1 Splash
- In the bowl add the flour,
baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar
and butter and mix until the butter is well
distributed with the dry ingredients and its
size resembles the size of peas.
- Put in the buttermilk, continue to mix
until your dough comes together, wrap in plastic wrap
and place it in the fridge for about an hour or
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the dough like in a video, put it in
the fridge for 10 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush the biscuits with egg wash, sprinkle over a light dusting of
sugar, pup them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Toss the strawberries with the sugar and lemon juice in the bowl and
set aside. In a separate bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, whip the cream with the sugar and vanilla until it develops semi stiff peaks, put it in the fridge.
- When the biscuits are cooled, assemble your shortcake and enjoy!