All Purpose Flour-4 cups
Warm Water-1-1/4 cup
Active Dry Yeast-1-1/2 Tbsp
Cold Butter-1/4 cup
Cold Vegetable Shortening-1/4 cup
Granulated Sugar-1/3 cup
Melted Butter for brushing them when they come out-3 Tbsp
- To the warm water ado the yeast and one teaspoon of sugar and put it aside to proof.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, sugar and salt then add the egg, egg yolk and yeast mixture, knead on medium speed for about 2 minutes, then add the cold butter and shortening and knead for another minute or so.
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and put it aside to rise until doubled in size.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface cut it in half, then roll each half into a 12 inch circle (on a very lightly floured surface) cut into 12 wedges and roll each one into a crescent roll and place them seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with the other half then put them in the oven and bake them for about 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush the tops with a little butter when they come out.