Ground beef in mushroom sauce
For the patties:
Ground Beef-1-1/2 lb
Grated Onion-2 Tbsp
Bread Crumbs-1/2 cup
Worcestershire Sauce-2 tsp
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Sauce:
Unsalted Butter-3 Tbsp
Onion, sliced into half moon sliced-1
Flour-2 Tbsp of
Beef Broth-2 cup of
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
- Stir together the ground beef, grated onion, egg, bread crumbs, worcesteshire sauce, ketchup and a pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl,. Form into 4 (or 6 depending on how big you want them) patties and set them aside.
- Sear the steaks for a few minutes on each side in a large pan, remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium high heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the mushrooms and onions and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the flour for about 30 seconds and then add the beef stock along with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to medium, add the steaks back in and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle over some freshly chopped parsley.