Pasta with broccoli rabe and sausage
Short Cut Pasta- 1 lb
Italian Sausage- 1 lb
Olive Oil -3 Tbsp
Chopped Provolone-1/2 cup
Grated Parmesan cheese-1/4 cup
Broccoli Rabe-1 Bunch
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Take a pot and fill with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the olive oil in the oven pot, preheat it over medium high heat, add the sausage and using a wooden spoon break it up as much as possible.
- Cook the sausage until they are fully cooked; remove to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil along with the garlic in the same pot, allow the garlic to sizzle then add the broccoli rabe.
- Stir the broccoli rabe around in the oil, season with some salt, then add 1/2 of a cup of water, cover the pan with a lid and cook until the broccoli rabe until fully cooked and all of the water has evaporated, while the broccoli rabe cooks, add the pasta to the boiling water, when it is done rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking further.
- When the sausage, broccoli rabe and pasta are cooked set them all aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, then add all of the cooked ingredients plus the cheeses and mix together to combine well.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the same pan, make sure to brush it all around the sides, add the pasta mixture and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes, transfer to the hot oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until deeply golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
1hour and 5 minutes