Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Fettuccini pasta-¾ lb
Raw shrimp, peeled and deveined-1 lb
Olive oil-1 tbsp
Onion, finely chopped-½
Unsalted butter-2 Tbsp
1 garlic clove, minced
White wine -⅓ cup
Heavy whipping cream-2 cups
Shredded parmesan cheese-⅓ cup
Salt and black pepper to taste
Paprika- ¼ tsp
Parsley, finely chopped to garnish
- Add the pasta to a pot of boiling water with salt and cook. Drain without rinsing and set aside.
- As pasta is cooking, prepare the shrimp and sauce. Season shrimp with ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ tsp paprika. Put a large, non-stick pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp in a single layer and cook 2 min per side or just until cooked through and no longer translucent. Remove to a separate dish.
- In the same hot pan, add 2 Tbsp butter with finely chopped onion and cook until soft and golden (3-5 mins), stirring often. Add minced garlic and cook another minute until fragrant. Stir in ⅓ cup white wine and boil until there is only 25% of the liquid left.
- Mix in 2 cups cream, bring to a light boil then simmer 2 min. Sprinkle sauce with ⅓ cup parmesan cheese and stir just until creamy and smooth. Let it come just to a simmer without boiling then turn off the heat and season sauce with more salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Mix in the drained pasta and cooked shrimp, tossing until noodles are well coated in sauce. Serve in warm pasta bowls with a generous sprinkle of finely chopped parsley, more parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper.