Mouth watering chips
For the chips:
Potatoes, washed well-1 lb
Vegetable Oil for frying
For the spice blend:
Dry Buttermilk Powder-2 Tbsp
Granulated Onion-1 Tbsp
Dry Onion Flakes-2 tsp
Granulated Garlic-1 tsp
Dry Parsley Flakes-1 tsp
- For making the spice blend, put the buttermilk powder, granulated onion, granulated garlic, onion flakes, parsley and sugar in a small food processor and pulse about 15 times until everything is well mixed, put aside.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and put aside.
- Slice the potatoes really thin with a sharp knife and add them to the bowl of water.
- Let the slices of potatoes to soak for a few hours changing the water every hour.
- Put in enough oil to a large heavy pot and heat it to 375 degrees.
- Dry the potatoes on kitchen towels or paper towels and fry the chips for a few minutes making sure to stir them around the whole time so they cook evenly.
- Drain on a paper towel lined platter, sprinkle them with some salt and with the sour cream and onion seasoning and toss them well.