Classic Italian no-bake dessert
Mascarpone Cheese-1 lb
Heavy Cream-1-½ cup
Granulated Sugar-1/3 cup
Strong Coffee or
Espresso, cooled-2 ½ cups
Dark Rum-2 Tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder-2 Tbsp
- Whip the heavy cream in a bowl
and set in the fridge.
- Cream together the mascarpone, vanilla and sugar, fold in half
of the whipped cream into mascarpone
mixture to lighten. Add in remaining
whipped cream and be careful not to over
- Take a 9 by 9 square baking pan and start assembling. In a large bowl mix together the coffee and rum and set aside, also have at hand the cocoa powder and ladyfingers. Dip each ladyfinger into
the coffee mixture and lay in the bottom of your pan, once the whole
bottom of the pan has the coffee and rum soaked ladyfingers ready pour over half of the mascarpone and cream mixture, spread evenly over ladyfingers and sprinkle the top with 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Place the remaining coffee soaked ladyfingers on top of the layers
and spread over the remaining filling. Sprinkle with the remaining cocoa powder.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours before serving.